Tis the season to get frost bite… and wind burn and to look like you’ve gained 50 pounds from the amount of layers you have on… But don’t worry my friends, for I am here today to tell you all how to be to still be your most stylish self, even when it is so cold out that you want to hop a jet and move to Florida for the rest of your life! Here are Kenn’s 5 steps for dressing your best in bitter cold temps!
- Invest in good snow boots that are super stylish! I love my hunter rain boots. They are super well insulated, and they come in so many fun colors that people will always notice them right away, and give you the nicest compliments! Such an easy way to add a statement to your look.
- Layer the right way. Start off with skin tight basics, like a tight black turtleneck and warm black tights, that way when you add more clothes they won’t make you look too puffy.
- Make sure you have a couple cute beanies lying around. This one is actually my roomies, but I love a cute beanie to add a touch of adorableness. Target always has really cute and affordable ones.
- Buy a good statement making coat! I love coats as you may know, and need to stop buying them cause my closet is exploding! But that is another matter…. Coats are so fun these days, from bold prints to bright colors, and please don’t forget about fur, you can have so much fun with them! I love this one from Gap, it is super warm and the fur accent is a nice touch.
- Please don’t forget accessories. Just because it’s freezing, doesn’t mean your under layers can’t be super cute still! You’ve got to take off those layers eventually, and accessories are a great way to keep from looking too boring.
That is all my tips! Keep scrolling to see the cutest winter pics Maddie took of me the other day! And make sure to leave a comment below sharing your layering tips!
This week has been pretty hectic, but I am just counting down the days till spring break! And maybe some higher temps, since it has been FREEZING this week. Literally so much snow, but I kind of love it. That’s pretty much it… oh and please say a prayer for me as I take midterms these next couple weeks! My first one is tomorrow See you next week!!