If anyone ever asked me how I would describe my style in the past, I could never get my style down to one or even couple words. It has always depended on my mood or the season. My style usually involves some feminine touches, and can be slightly preppy at times, but I love to be a little more maverick at times as well. But since then I have discovered one word that can really summarize how I dress, that word being “retro”. No not vintage, although I do love some vintage clothes, retro takes the inspiration from past styles and vintage is the ACTUAL clothes they wore in the past.
So anywho, now that I have given you a paragraph on the evolution of my own person style, read on to hear are my five biggest tips to looking more retro this summer!
5 tips to look more retro this summer:
- There’s so many colors on a rainbow, and none of them are black. In other words, don’t be afraid to play with a little color. Nothing says 70s inspired like a multi-colored striped top! The cute one I’m wearing is from TJ Maxx.
- Stick to the classics when it comes to shoes; meaning Birks, converse, and keds! If it has been around for awhile, go ahead and wear it.
- HIGH WAISTED EVERYTHING! These shorts are so retro I love them! With the super high waist and gold detailed buttons, I feel very 70’s indeed.
- Don’t forget about accessories! A cute neck tie around a pony tail is such a 50’s inspired touch and is super popular right now. I also love to wear gold jewelry, because I feel like it fits the look I’m going for better.
- A little random, but I love fun nail polishes, and this collection by OPI is absolutely perfect. Grease is one of my all time favorite movies! The color I am wearing in these pics is called “Meet a Boy Cute as can Be”!!
Let me know if you’d like to here more retro styling tips in the future!! Have a great memorial day!