I am absolutely obsessed with the off-the-shoulder trend happening right now. It is so fun, flirty, and distinctly feminine, how could you not? Coming in a variety of styles (and affordable prices), it is the perfect way to spice up your summer wardrobe. From blouses to dresses to rompers, you really can’t mess this one up.
As far as blouses go, they are perfect tucked into a pair of high waisted trousers or a fun skirt. To spice it up a little, try wearing it under a pair of overalls. I love wearing my gingham one under an over-all dress.
For all three, add a simple necklace to draw even more attention to your collarbones. Have I ever mentioned my collarbone fetish? ‘Cause it’s very real. Or you could even go for a grungier look by adding a choker.
If you are a little hesitant to go for an all out off the shoulder look, try a one shoulder top first. I bought the cutest one at loft the other day, and I am super excited to style it.
My off-the-shoulder dress is from JcPenneys, and I got a really good deal on it. I love the embroidered flower details on it, and it’s denim, so could it be any better? The burgundy heels I have had for awhile now, but I love the color. Plus, they are perfect for the fall time as well! As far as accessories go, I went for these Bauble Bar tassels earrings that I picked up from Target the other day. If you haven’t checked out the Sugar Fix by Bauble Bar line at Target, you really need to! They have so many pretty pieces. I am also rocking my new Dolce and Gabbana White Sunglasses that I am absolutely obsessed with.
Here’s 10 things from this week:
- Last Sunday we went kayaking over at the Hagerman river, and I am usually not one for kayaking, but we actually had a lot of fun. My dad and I went kayaking up the river, while my mom hung out at the dock. Plus, I finally got to take a picture in a swan floatie!
- My aunt and uncle recently got a St. Bernard puppy and he is just the cutest and fluffiest little guy!! I’m in love.
- I also went to Nat Soo Pah last Wednesday with a couple friends. If you have never been there, it’s a natural hot spring where they’ve had swimming facility’s since 1926!
- I ordered a cute denim jacket from Gap that has a Mickey Mouse on it, but when it arrived it was NOT the same jacket I had ordered. I wasn’t too mad though, because I actually like this one more lol.
- Friday my mom and I, and my roomie and bestie, Emily and her mom, left for a girl’s trip to Salt Lake, Utah.
- We did a bunch of shopping while there, and I got a some really cute things at Loft. I always love Loft, but they have so many cute things right now! I would love to work there part time in college, so I can have a good discount all the time. Then again, maybe that’s not a very good idea…
- We also went to IKEA to get a lot of dorm shopping done.
- On Saturday before we headed home we stopped @ a Nordstrom’s Rack. I have been dying to get a pair of white sunnies and I found these Dolce and Gabbana ones for an amazing deal! I am so so so in love with them! I also found the prettiest HOBO brand wallet. My mom got one when we went to Cali, and I’ve been secretly wanting one ever since.
- The Bold Type is an awesome show that all you gals (and guys) should be watching! It is so good.
- I had the nicest old man come into work tonight and as I was sitting there reading my book (it was so slow!) he came over and started talking to me about his favorite books. He was so cute. AND they let me go home super early which was awesome.
Thank you all so much for reading! I’d love to here some good things from your week. Below you can find some more cute off-the-shoulder styles. See you next time friends!